Did You Know?
- Last year, the clinic served more than 18,000 patients from 34 south-central West Virginia counties. These patients made almost 80,000 visits.
- 83% of our patients either work or live in a household where someone is employed.
- In FY 2015 we provided free healthcare valued at $15 million, including $5 million in prescription medications on a $2 million budget.
- Two-thirds of our patients are women.
- For every dollar we receive, we leverage $20 of in-kind support.
- Medical and dental professionals at all levels volunteer their time and talents to provide patient care.
- WVRx, that began operations in April 2008, has now processed over $85 million in medications to West Virginia’s working poor.
- GYNs and a GYN Nurse Practitioner have joined our ranks as specialist volunteers.
- Every patient is screened for Hepatitis C and 1,800+ with elevated liver functions have received further tests required for diagnosis of the disease.
- There are currently more than 400 volunteers providing free medical care to our patients.
- The dental clinic treated 3,103 patients last year who made more than 9,000 dental clinic visits. Since 2001, the dental clinic has served more than 33,000 patients.
- The clinic's pharmacy fills an average of 250 prescriptions every day.